Friday, August 10, 2018

#52GameDesignChallenge - Week 6 - Luthier

As those of you who follow me on Twitter are aware, I've started a weekly game design challenge with the intention of designing 52 games in one year. I've also committed to trying to be active on Twitter during the development of each to generally work on my social media skills.

For those who don't follow me on Twitter, by the way, this is a thing I'm doing. This post is about the sixth game in that hopefully very successful series of games.

This weeks game was based on a random Wikipedia article. Specifically an article on Maton Guitars, which is an Australian guitar manufacturing company. Because it is an existing company I contacted them about using their name in the game and they politely declined but wished me luck with the challenge. So, while the game is very much inspired by the stories I was able to find regarding their founder I couldn't call it Maton Guitars or Bill May. Instead, I've titled it, Luthier, as that is the actual name of the profession of a guitar maker.

Now, on to the game.

Luthier

The game I ended up making is a solitaire "slide and write". The game consist of 9 cards, 8 of which are used in a sort of sliding puzzle action selection system. And 1 which MUST be sleeved and is basically a score sheet for tracking resources generated and spent using the action selections.

HERE ARE THE PRINT AND PLAY FILES

No comments:

Post a Comment